Shootaring Canyon Mill
Anfield Resources Inc. acquired the Shootaring Canyon Mill from Uranium One in 2015.
- Located approximately 48 miles (77 kilometers) south of Hanksville, Utah.
- One of three licensed conventional uranium mills in the United States.
- Conventional acid-leach facility licensed to process up to 750 tons of ore per day.
- Built in 1980; commenced operations in 1982 and operated for approximately 6 months; ceased operations due to depressed price of uranium.
- During its period of operation, it produced and sold 27,825 pounds of U3O8.
- Surface stockpiles at the facility include an estimate of 370,000 pounds of U3O8 at an average grade of 0.147%.*